MTB Biking Week
Activity: Self guided mtb holiday
Bike type: Mountain bike
Duration: 7 nights, 6 days biking
Activity Level: Intermediate
Accommodation: Choice of 3 or 4 star hotels
Daily Average: 60 km
Price: From €365
This is a one centre, self guided biking camp for enthusiastic mountain bikers looking to improve their fitness and skills, whilst enjoying the excellent cycling conditions the Algarve has to offer. We provide you with challenging routes and a choice of quality accommodation to suit you.
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this tour.
Day 1: Arrival
Upon your arrival in the Algarve, we will collect you and transfer you to your hotel accommodation in the lively fishing town of Albufeira.
Day 2: Albufeira – Parchal
Your first day comprises of a fabulous coastal ride on the stunning cliff tops between Albufeira and Portimão. You will follow some technical trails with breathtaking views on the famous Algarvean limestone rocks and beaches. On the way back there are several possibilities to switch from off road tracks to easier going road stretches.
Day 3: Albufeira – Serra de Silves
Today you will start by following some interesting tracks to reach the Silves mountain range at the Funcho reservoir. Then you will take a full tour of the Arade reservoir, which offers spectacular views, before arriving at São Bartolomeu de Messines, a bustling agricultural town. You then have the option of a longer or shorter route home!
Day 4: Albufeira – Ribeira de Algibre
This is a superb circuit with plenty of single track mountain biking, as you head East into the interior for a visit to the Algibre valley. Cycling downstream along the meandering banks of the river Algibre, you will see parts of the Algarve most people don’t even know exist!
Day 5: Ameixial – Albufeira
Today we transport you to Ameixial, which borders the Alentejo province and allows you to cross the entire Caldeirão mountain range before heading back to Albufeira on the southern coast. It’s a ride full of surprises, with some tough climbs and excellent descents. But it’s well worth it for the spectacular mountain scenery and well-earned breaks in remote villages.
Day 6: Day of rest
This is a day where you can do as you please. Longer and shorter cycling routes are available for those that want to go riding. For others it is an opportunity to rest or do some sightseeing. Excursions such as boat trips, dolphin watching or 4×4 nature safaris are also available.
Day 7: Marathon (40/70 km)
When possible we close the week by participating in a local mtb event. Together with Algarvean riders, you can ride trails created by local specialists. Usually these events can be done as a race, with timings and classifications, or as a tour for those that prefer to take in the local scenery at a leisurely pace. It finishes with a lunch and prizes. Other options are available on this day.
Day 8: Departure
We will transfer you from your accommodation for your journey home.
- Detailed maps, GPS, route suggestions
- Good quality 3 or 4 star hotels
- Route assistance where necessary
- Cycling jersey
- Bike hire
- Participation in local mtb event
- Holiday insurance – recommended.
- Prices are per person, based upon two people sharing a twin/double bedded room on a B&B basis.
- Discounts are available for large groups, please contact us for details.
- We also offer options for route extensions and can vary the routes to suit your needs.
- Choice of good quality 29er mtbs as follows :-Aluminium Hardtail €160Aluminium full suspension €200Carbon hardtail €200
- Safety helmet, €12 euro per week (we suggest you bring your own)
- SPD or your choice of pedals, €12 euro per week (we suggest you bring your own)
- Isotonic, energy and recovery powders/drinks and energy bars available