- Portugal was one of the first tourist destinations to receive the “Safe Travels” global safety and hygiene stamp, created by the World Travel & Tourism Council.
- The Algarve coast boasts some of the freshest air in Europe.
- The Algarve countryside is low populated and so offers much less chance of exposure to COVID-19.
- Self-guided trips allow you to spend your holiday with your partner or close friends. No big groups of strangers.
- The measures implemented in Portugal have been in place here since the start. It’s a safe environment where people respect others.
And that’s not all. At Algarve Bike Holidays we take our responsibility for our clients very seriously. We have been awarded the “Clean and Safe” stamp by the Portugal Tourist Board and we are committed to doing everything within our power to make sure that our clients are comfortable and safe whilst in our care.
BOOKING YOUR TRIP
For holidays starting in January to June 2021, our flexible cancellation policy means that you can book your trip and have something to look forward to, confident in the knowledge that if plans have to change due to COVID-19, you will receive a full refund.
SAFETY ON YOUR TRIP
Small groups: most of our holidays are self-guided, which means you have complete control over the number of people in your group. Where you opt for a guided option or one of our organized Mini Breaks, we will ensure that these are arranged in small groups, according to current guidelines under the Portuguese Directorate-General of Health.
Safe Distance: we strongly encourage staff and clients to maintain adequate social distance at all times.
Transfers: we have reduced the capacity in our transfer vehicles and we guarantee thorough cleaning of these vehicles between trips. We also recommend spraying luggage with a sanitizer before loading.
Hand sanitizer and masks: you are advised to bring your own but we will always have spare in case you need them.
Bicycles and equipment: these are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between clients.
Accomodation: all hotels are classified as CLEAN AND SAFE and we review this regularly.
Eating out: all restaurants that we book for our group trips follow strict COVID guidelines We recommend you check this before making your own bookings during your self-guided trip.
Protection on Guided Tours
Our guides will complete a health check before every trip.
All staff wear masks and maintain adequate social distance.
We will carry out daily temperature checks on all clients throughout guided group holidays.
If you want to get away from it all, stay healthy (even increase your fitness) and create some special memories, there aren’t many better options than a self-guided bike trip with Algarve Bike Holidays.
We are ready when you are!